Links to past POSTDOCket pieces:
Postdoc Industry Consultants Program at Medical College of Wisconsin
Services and Resources Available at Postdoctoral Offices of Varying Sizes
Using Your Total Research Experiences to Make You Business-Ready
Preparing for a Faculty Career at a Predominantly Undergrad Institution
Vanderbilt PDA & Office for Postdoctoral Affairs Broaden Reach with Organizational Transition
Thirty-Plus Years Enhancing the Postdoc Experience: Sam Castañeda
Mentoring for Mutual Benefit: Leanne Redman
Accelerate to Industry: A new Approach to Academic & Private Industry Collaboration to Improve Career Readiness of Graduate Students and Postdocs
Since October 2018, I have been a contributing blogger for NIH BEST, writing about career exploration and professional development, from my perspective.
I am now launching my own blog to continue to reflect on topics I am passionate about. These are varied and might include:
- Neuroscience-related topics, especially those focused on behavioral economics
- Personalized Medicine, especially how individual differences in biology (genetics) may affect treatment for a variety of diseases
- Career Exploration tips for graduate students and postdocs
- Professional Development resources and reflections for graduate students and postdocs
- Thoughts on the Evolving Scientific Workforce and how we can better prepare graduate students and postdocs for 21st-Century careers, inside and outside academia
- And more...
Using Data Science & Artificial Intelligence to Improve Healthcare
The NIH All of Us Research Initiative: A New Standard in Participant Engagement & Partnership
I hope my posts serve as useful resources for trainees, those who work with and advise them, as well as the general public interested in science, medicine, and the scientific workforce.
Stay tuned for more content!