Links to past POSTDOCket pieces:
- Postdoc Industry Consultants Program at Medical College of Wisconsin
- Services and Resources Available at Postdoctoral Offices of Varying Sizes
- Using Your Total Research Experiences to Make You Business-Ready
- Preparing for a Faculty Career at a Predominantly Undergrad Institution
- Vanderbilt PDA & Office for Postdoctoral Affairs Broaden Reach with Organizational Transition
- Thirty-Plus Years Enhancing the Postdoc Experience: Sam Castañeda
- Mentoring for Mutual Benefit: Leanne Redman
- Accelerate to Industry: A new Approach to Academic & Private Industry Collaboration to Improve Career Readiness of Graduate Students and Postdocs
- The Journey from Postdoc to Working in Postdoctoral Affairs
- Introducing My IDP & Me, a Career Development Resource from the NPA
- Dealing with Uncertainty in the Academic Job Market
- Postdoc Offices & Associations Deliver Support & Resources During Uncertain Times
From October 2018 to March 2019 I was a contributing blogger to the NIH BEST blog, writing about exploration and professional development, from my perspective. See that collection here.
I am now launching my own blog to continue to reflect on topics I am passionate about. These are varied and might include:
- Neuroscience-related topics, especially those focused on behavioral economics
- Personalized Medicine, especially how individual differences in biology (genetics) may affect treatment for a variety of diseases
- Career Exploration tips for graduate students and postdocs
- Professional Development resources and reflections for graduate students and postdocs
- Thoughts on the Evolving Scientific Workforce and how we can better prepare graduate students and postdocs for 21st-Century careers, inside and outside academia
- And more...
I also write for outlets outside this blog. Find links to that content, below.
Example Personalized Medicine topics:
Using Data Science & Artificial Intelligence to Improve Healthcare
The NIH All of Us Research Initiative: A New Standard in Participant Engagement & Partnership
Brain & Behavior Blog, LifeApps:
Welcome to the Brain & Behavior Blog
Do You Wilt or Thrive Under Pressure? Genetics Offers Parts of the Answer
The Ups & Downs of Aging: What Neuroscience Can Tell Us About Living Well
Career Exploration Series (as part of Science in Society content)
Inside Higher Ed Carpe Careers Columns:
The Importance of Informational Interviews
Maximizing Professional Development in the Zoomiverse
How to Take Advantage of Serendipity to Advance Your Career
An Explosion of Valuable - and Free - Support (highlighting online resources to assist graduate students and postdoctoral scholars in their career and professional development)
While working in the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs in the Graduate School at NC State University (January 2019 - January 2022), I founded and managed our professional development blog ImPACKful.
What is ImPACKful?