Links to past POSTDOCket pieces:
- Postdoc Industry Consultants Program at Medical College of Wisconsin
- Services and Resources Available at Postdoctoral Offices of Varying Sizes
- Using Your Total Research Experiences to Make You Business-Ready
- Preparing for a Faculty Career at a Predominantly Undergrad Institution
- Vanderbilt PDA & Office for Postdoctoral Affairs Broaden Reach with Organizational Transition
- Thirty-Plus Years Enhancing the Postdoc Experience: Sam Castañeda
- Mentoring for Mutual Benefit: Leanne Redman
- Accelerate to Industry: A new Approach to Academic & Private Industry Collaboration to Improve Career Readiness of Graduate Students and Postdocs
- The Journey from Postdoc to Working in Postdoctoral Affairs
- Introducing My IDP & Me, a Career Development Resource from the NPA
- Dealing with Uncertainty in the Academic Job Market
- Postdoc Offices & Associations Deliver Support & Resources During Uncertain Times
From October 2018 to March 2019 I was a contributing blogger to the NIH BEST blog, writing about exploration and professional development, from my perspective. See that collection here.
I am now launching my own blog to continue to reflect on topics I am passionate about. These are varied and might include:
- Neuroscience-related topics, especially those focused on behavioral economics
- Personalized Medicine, especially how individual differences in biology (genetics) may affect treatment for a variety of diseases
- Career Exploration tips for graduate students and postdocs
- Professional Development resources and reflections for graduate students and postdocs
- Thoughts on the Evolving Scientific Workforce and how we can better prepare graduate students and postdocs for 21st-Century careers, inside and outside academia
- And more...
I also write for outlets outside this blog. Find links to that content, below.
Example Personalized Medicine topics:
Using Data Science & Artificial Intelligence to Improve Healthcare
The NIH All of Us Research Initiative: A New Standard in Participant Engagement & Partnership
Brain & Behavior Blog, LifeApps:
Welcome to the Brain & Behavior Blog
Do You Wilt or Thrive Under Pressure? Genetics Offers Parts of the Answer
The Ups & Downs of Aging: What Neuroscience Can Tell Us About Living Well
Career Exploration Series (as part of Science in Society content)
Inside Higher Ed Carpe Careers Columns:
The Importance of Informational Interviews
Maximizing Professional Development in the Zoomiverse
In my day job managing the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs in the Graduate School at NC State University, I founded and manage our professional development blog ImPACKful.
What is ImPACKful?
ImPACKful pieces authored